Thursday, May 15, 2014

And so it begins!

We have finally signed on with our adoption consultants!
We decided to join with Christian Adoption Consultants
 after my chance run in with Malcolm (owner) at Starbucks :-)
I may have already written about that but basically I was
talking to a girl friend about what an adoption consultant was and
how we had looked into another company in the area.
Malcolm over heard, came over, gave us his card and I just really felt
like God just plopped him down right in front of us!
It just felt right in going with them :-)
Our Consultant is Susan and after talking to her on the phone back in November,
and just hearing such good things about her I am so excited we get to partner with her specifically!
She also is very knowledgeable in adoptive breast feeding
 (did you even know there was such a thing?)
That's a WHOLE OTHER POST;-)

anywho
I can not explain the emotions once finally hit send on our payment to CAC.
Excitement was the first one!
I cant believe this is finally starting!!
eEEEEK!
and then after the day went on, and I started receiving information on
the home study,
fundraising ideas,
back ground checks,
talking to birth mothers,
Packing lists for Birth day
etc
NERVOUS!!!!!!
HOLY MOLY!
this is REALLY happening!
and it could be soon!

It was nuts!
I couldn't even sleep that night!
I just started thinking about all that we needed to do!

With all of that said, yes we are super nervous but we are OH SO EXCITED!!!

I also called and spoke to the person who will be doing our home study,
and she really calmed my nerves about the whole thing!
We have already started the personal study questionnaire and
will hopefully be having our first meeting in just a few weeks! :-)

One step closer!!
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I randomly came across your blog through a different blog, and just saw that you are in our neck of the woods (we're in Acworth). We just brought home our precious daughter through domestic adoption in February! I don't know if this is weird, but I know sometimes it is helpful to talk to someone who has walked some similar paths, so feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions or just need a sounding board! :) Praying you meet your child soon!
    jessica.k.inman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete